Sunday, November 2, 2008

Eeeek!



About a week ago, Quinn woke up and said that something stunk in the kitchen! I could NOT smell anything. Anyway... He had it pin pointed to the stove area and then as he left for church, he asked me to find the source. I looked all over.... I lifted up the top of the stove, looked inside the oven and looked in the bottom drawer, but I couldn't find anything!! So the kids and I went to church. After we got home Quinn said he could STILL smell it!! So he looked in all the places I did and then pulled out the stove. Still nothing! Then he took the side of the stove off and low and behold was the source of the stink...... a dead MOUSE! It had been electrocuted! Sorry no picture of the dead mouse.

12 comments:

Rachel said...

That is hilarious....love the music too! Quinn must have quite the nose!

Missy said...

gross, yet funny! :o)

Norris Family said...

The cute mouse post is better then the fried one. The movie Green Mile came to mind while reading this. That is pretty eerie to find though and knowing it some how got in there, yuck!!

Marcie Ashton said...

Ugh, I hate mice. When we lived in that house, we went through an infestation of the dang things. One time Ryan caught one (alive) and chased me around the house with it. I ran outside only to remember that I didn't have any shoes on. So I stood on the back porch and screamed bloody murder. The Posterts probably thought he was killing me.. . And then Sydney shared the whole thing with her Primary class.

Mela said...

Ugh!! Thanks for not posting the fried mouse! :0)

Nicole said...

Thanks for sparing us the pic. Glad you found the source!

Jaime said...

Ooooh nice! I'm the sniffer in our house, I can find anything that doesn't belong!

Michelle Ashton said...

Quinn said I need a new sniffer. I told him I think my sniffer cells were burned from all the dirty diapers I changed over the years. :)

Annie said...

Ohhhh, I hate mice!!

MerileeAshton said...

EEEEK! Indeed!! Winter must be coming if the mice are moving in! :o I'm glad you found it, my sniffer is too good as well. One year I know we had a dead mouse somewhere between the basement wall and the foundation but we never found it and I had to wait for the smell to fade. Blergh!

MichelleJ said...

I hate the smell of dead mice. . .I for sure have a great snifer. . I could always smell a dead mouse in Traivs moms house. . I couldn't stand it>(

Felicia said...

Marcie, that made me laugh and reminded me of the time Wyatt chased me around the house with a piece of black trash bag in a kleenex (me thinking it was some kind of bug). I would have loved to see the dead mouse. I used to find them under my mother in laws hot tub and we'd suck them out with the shop vac and I was always wanting to get a peek. I guess I'm kinda gross like that.