Wow! Yesterday was a fun filled day! It was Quinn's 33rd birthday. We got up at 4 am and Quinn made breakfast.... Yes he made breakfast on his birthday... I know I am a loser. BUT hey I was trying to get myself and the kids ready to head out the door. We all sat down for a quick breakfast and sent Levi out the door at 5 am to the middle school so he could catch the bus to Cottonwood for the wrestling tournament. We left shortly after at about 5:30. We passed up the bus just outside of Holbrook. Then made a stop at Walmart in Flagstaff. Killed a little bit of time in there and then headed to Cottonwood. Boy was it packed in there. It was hard to find a seat and get comfortable. There were people and the wrestlers bags everywhere. So I don't have ANY pictures of Levi there. We do have video from all his matches though. It was a double elmination tournament. He Pinned his first guy. Then lost the second match. Then on the 3rd match, he had to wrestle someone from his own team!..... :( Trent Sherwood. It was a close match and both boys did fantastic. Levi won by ONE point! By this time I think it was after 1pm. Quinn and I grabbed the girls and ran for a QUICK bite to eat at McDonalds. Then we ran back to watch Levi wrestle his 4th match, where he lost. :( But he did a fantastic job and made it further this year than he did last year! He has improved so much and fights hard. We are very PrOuD of him! When he lost we ran out the door and headed down to Phoenix to watch the St. Johns High School play off game. It was a close and fun game. We won and will play next weekend in Flagstaff. GO REDSKINS!!
After the game we made a few stops at Borders and Barns and Noble. Then made our way home with a stop at Arby's in Fountain Hill's. We got in at 12:30 am!
It was a whirlwind day of sports and fun. I hope that Quinn had a great birthday. He is the best husband. I am very lucky! Love you Quinn!!!
Here are couple of pictures of Levi at the start of the wrestling season........

4 comments:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY QUINN. . .It sound like a fun day to me. Nothing is better than watching wrestling. . .I am proud of Levi:) Each year will just get better and better.
Levi did great! James lost, won and then lost. Fun day though. We never made it to the stands to sit, so we stood up and watched the whole day by the mat. I can't believe it is almost over, it went by fast this year. I will be sad when it is over. Happy Birthday Quinn! I wished I knew it was his birthday yesterday so I could have given him a hard time!!
Yeah Levi!!! 33 years old! Holy cow Quinn is getting up there. :0) See you soon!
Happy Birthday, Quinn, and congratulations to Levi. He's a really nice kid. :o) I don't know why Jacob refuses to wrestle, he says it's 'not his thing'. What the heck? But, wait till 7th grade, he is SO excited to play football. I can't wait to start watching him in sports! All those boys in 5th grade right now are way into it, they are gonna make such a great team....
Post a Comment