Southwestern Egg Rolls

1 or 2 chicken breast fillets (depending on size)
1 Tbs. vegetable oil
2 Tbs. minced red bell pepper
2 Tbs. minced green onion
1/3 C. frozen corn
1/4 C. canned black beans, rinsed and drained
2 Tbs. frozen spinach, thawed and drained
2 Tbs. diced, canned jalapeno peppers
1/2 Tbs. minced fresh parsley
1/2 tsp. cumin
1/2 tsp chili powder
1/4 tsp. salt dash cayenne pepper
3/4 C. shredded Monterey Jack cheese
five 7-inch flour tortillas
Boil Chicken and Shred. Preheat 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil in a medium-size skillet over medium-high heat. Add red pepper and onion to pan and sauté for a couple minutes until tender. Add Chicken to pan. Add corn, black beans, spinach, jalapeno peppers, parsley, cumin, chili powder, salt, and cayenne pepper to pan. Cook for another 4 minutes; stir well so that spinach separates and is incorporated into mixture. Remove pan from heat and add cheese; stir until cheese is melted. Wrap tortillas in a moist cloth and microwave on high temperature for 1 1/2 minutes or until hot. Spoon approximately one-fifth of mixture into center of a tortilla. Fold in ends and then roll tortilla over mixture. Roll tortilla very tight, then pierce with a toothpick to hold together. Repeat with remaining ingredients until you have five eggrolls. Arrange eggrolls on a plate, cover plate with plastic wrap and freeze for at least 4 hours or overnight.
While eggrolls freeze prepare avocado-ranch dipping sauce by combining all of ingredients in a small bowl. Preheat 4-6 cups of oil to 375º. Deep fry eggrolls in hot oil and remove to paper towels or a rack to drain for about 2 minutes. Slice each eggroll diagonally lengthwise and arrange on a plate around a small bowl of dipping sauce.
Serve with guacamole and ranch. Or this wonderful dressing below.
AVOCADO DRESSING:
1 lg. ripe avocado, peeled, mashed
1/2 c. sour cream
1/4 c. milk
1/4 c. mayonnaise
1 tbsp. lemon juice
1/8 to 1/4 tsp. garlic salt
2 to 3 drops hot pepper sauce
Salt and pepper to taste
In small bowl combine all dressing ingredients. Beat at low speed until smooth. Cover and refrigerate several hours to blend flavors.









6 comments:
OH that looks so yummy I think I am going to try it this week.. . Mrs. Beaty Crocker.
I have and love this recipe.. but without the avacado dip.. yum! I am so excited to try that. I have also added some cilantro to the mix and its sooo good! Thanks for sharing!
Thank you thank you thank you! I will be trying these very soon!!
Are these the same ones Marcie makes? If they are...they're GOOOOOD!
Thats the recipe & I love them!!
I think I will try the Avocado dip, that is more my speed!!
Post a Comment