
I have done a lot of thinking, pondering or whatever you want to call it the last few days. Over the last year or so, I have felt compelled to add to our food storage. I have also been worried about the world I am raising my kids in and hoping that I am being a good enough example and doing all that I should to bring my kids up to be rightous people. I am worried for the the coming elections. Not only for the Presidental Canidates, but for the propostions we need to vote on. Lets face it... The world is a scary place right now and I know that all of you know that. It seems everywhere I turn these last few days, I see or hear others talking about it. Then over conference weekend, I unfortunately didn't get to listen to very much of conference, and have been feeling like I really need to. So, I downloaded it to my ipod and listened to it while cleaning today. The words spoken in the talks as always, helped to comfort me a bit. I especially loved a part in the closing prayer of the final session. It said... "We are thankful to be in this world with the opportunity to not be of it". This gave me much peace to help re-assure me that I am not in this alone. I love President Monson. He has always been one my favorites, and I am greatful that he is guiding us at this time.









4 comments:
When you have young kids, it is hard to get to listen to as much conference as you would like. I am going to download it to, good idea.
What a good post. I have heard several people say they've felt compelled to get food storage together. I have wondered for a while now when the church is going to start their own schools in the stake centers with their own teachers. Maybe that's too out of the world, but I kinda like the idea.
That's really nice. There was something that happened to a member of our ward this weekend, and it really scared us and kind of put us in a funk the last couples of days, but really bringing things into prespective for us. I am sooo grateful for Eternal Families and the Plan of Salvation.
It does make Kyle and I want to move to a small town even more now then ever.
Reading your friends comments, I have kind of pondered that same thing about the schools, at least here in the city.
Ya well I know there are PLEANTY of well qualified lds teachers out there.
Post a Comment