Monday, October 6, 2008

Pumkin, Pumpkin


I love the holidays and baking. I have a recipe that my sister in law gave me a few years ago for Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread. Too me, that sounds terrible, I guess I thought that pumpkin and chocolate should NOT go together. But BOY was I WRONG!.... It is Ohhhh So Good! I have been dying to make it lately.
Anyway, I just found out how to make your own puree from this fantastic website... http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/. Ok all you Betty Crocker's out there don't laugh at me! I knew you could make it, I just never knew that it was so easy! I think I will pick up a couple of pumkins this week and make some. Then I can freeze it up and have it to use over the holiday, for stuff like Pumkin Chocolate Chip Bread. :)

4 comments:

Margo said...

Hey, who do you have the recipe from? I had some that Aunt Nan made me and it was wonderful, and I NEED that recipe! I know Taytum from EAC, how do you know her? Small worl huh!

Rachel said...

I love pumpkin bread especially if it has chocolate chips or craisins or something yummy like that in it. I can't believe you thought it would be gross! I have a really great recipe for pumpkin bars with cream cheese frosting. I always add something fun to them as well! Yum I need to make some soon!

Monica said...

Uhhmmm... So is this a recipe that you would be willing to share with your baking inept friend? I love pumpkin chocolate chip bread!

Mela said...

Puree some pumpkin for me. :0)