Do you ever wonder why your kids just can't seem to get along? They seem to do nothing but fight and you want to pull your hair out?! This is how I seem to feel most of the time. My kids sometimes fight non-stop. It seems we are always telling them to get along. And that someday they will realize that family is what matters. Someday they will see that when everyone else has failed them, family will be there. There are times I long for the days when Levi and Brycelyn were best friends. I love to look at pictures of them playing together as little kids. This morning Levi and Brycie woke up before anyone else. After Brycelyn swtiched the laundry, she and Levi sat and talked for over and hour and not ONE fight occured! We could hear them from our room. Quinn woke up and said.... "Don't they know we are trying to sleep in here?". My reply was... "At least they aren't fighting". Quinn says... "True". Then he rolled over and went back to sleep. I however sat and listned. They carried on a conversation that changed from one subject to another. I laid there amazed, thinking....... "They DO love eachother and CAN get along!". It made my day. It got me thinking about the times that I would go in their room in the morning to find that Levi has dumped a few toys in Brycie's crib and then would crawl in to play with her. So I pulled out a few pictures of them playing together.... :)
1 year ago














4 comments:
that's so sweet. i think it takes constant repetition and reminding that we need to treat our family especially the best of anyone. it's definitely hard to have all these different people get along all of the time. but, then times like you had this morning makes all the frustration worth it. :o)
So cute. I just hate that my kids have to grow up so fast. Lately it seems Hailey and Cooper fight more than play (I think Hailey is growing out of a lot of the games she used to like), but Cooper and Morgan have started getting along so well. I guess they go in stages. I can see your kids being the best of friends when they are in high school.
your post made me so cry!! call me a dork but it touched my SoUl! just reading it i didn't even realize it was making me so emo, great now i'm an "emo" :o) maybe it just hit so close to home with my olders! thanks and Merry Christmas!!!!
Post a Comment