Thursday, September 4, 2008

SOS

Ok ~ So I have been SOOOO tired lately. Well for a long time and I am just sick of it! Any ideas of what to do? My sister gave me some Kickers Energy Spray. I have taken it a couple of times. It seems to help "a little". But not enough to make me feel better. Plus I found out this morning to NEVER take it on an empty stomach! I thought I would die! My stomach hurt and cramped up. Hot, sweaty and all. Feeling like I would larf all over. It only last a few minutes, but it was NOT fun! So anyway... I thought I'd try Emergen*C too.... (the stuff you drink). I bought a pack today and took some. So I guess I should give some of these things a few weeks or something, but dang I am so tired of being tired! I mean it doesn't even matter if I get 8 hours or more of sleep. I still wake up tired and STAY that way. So if anyone has ideas or suggestions... I'd love to hear em'.

9 comments:

Rachel said...

My first suggestion is do NOT drink red bull or energy drinks! We just had a 26 year old die at work from drinking those constantly. How about your thyroid? Have you had that checked? That was what I found out I have hypo thyroid. Good luck..I feel your pain and it stinks to always be so tired!

Michelle Ashton said...

That is terrible. I don't drink the energy drinks. They are nasty. I only have one kind I like and you can only buy them online. I haven't had any for about a year.
But No, I haven't checked my thyroid. But have been told to, by a nurse in my ward. Guess I should just do it. Just not sure who to go to though. ??

Michelle Ashton said...

Plus I just really HATE going to the doctor and feel silly going in for fatigue. I feel like they would think I am a hypochondriac!

Missy said...

I am far from an expert here BUT... I have three suggestions. I have felt that way on and off in my life.

1. do you get up at the same time every morning?
2. I don't know your day to day eating habits, but are they healthy? I mean, do you eat fruits and vegetables regularly. That haleps me tons.
3. One of my friends gave me a recipe for a soy protien shake that you make at home. I have it about 4 or 5 times a week. That REALLY helps me! I can give you the recipe if you want it! :o)
Good Luck!

Margo said...

I would go get your blood checked. You could be low in iron or have something up with your thyroid. That's how I felt and it was my thyroid. I found out it runs in the Mattice side. Me, Mitzi, my dad, Aunt Nan, and I think Aunt Marcia all have thyroid junk going on. I hope something helps though! I hate that feeling!

Mela said...

Hey, sorry the Vitamin B stuff isn't working for you. You might go to the doctors. Mom has low iron, so it could be that or your thyroid like Margo was saying.

Or maybe you are pregnant. hee-hee!

Rachel said...

I can't remember I copied instructions from someones blog...but I think you got to your settins and layout and click on edit your blogger list or whatever you have called it and it should give you some options like to notify you of last update or give you litle snipets of what they wrote. you just click on what you want to see and save...I hope this helps...maybe we should talk over the phone cause i suck at giving instrctions like this...

Nicole said...

You can add Stephanie to that list too (Maricia's daughter) She also has lupus, which also runs in the family. I would suggest going to the doctor just to rule it out since you have family history. My friend loves the Vitamin Water (Energy). She sips on one to make it last through the day..

Michelle Ashton said...

My mom said Gramps did too! She wants me to make a dr's appt. Quinn says to try exercise. I do that "some", but not daily. Heck I figure I walk enough at work! Ugh! SO we shall see what I do. ??