Tuesday, September 9, 2008

~~~~~~The Adventures of Pork Chop~~~~~~

We decided a few months ago to get a pig. Teach the kids to feed and care for it and then butcher it for the meat. We got the feed and pen ready, and then waited and waited and waited. Well the big day arrived today. Quinn went with a friend (Josh) to pick it up. They got it home and stuck it in the pen. Talked about how Quinn should probably fix the bottom section or it may get out. Well Quinn said that he thought it would be fine, and he was going to get the slop. So he turns to go with... Josh in tow. They get the slop and go back to the pen...... The pig is GONE!! They look everywhere and can not find it. Quinn pulls the two older kids out of school to look. They look and look and look. They spread the word to people to keep an eye out. I get off of work and it still hasn't been found. Quinn had to reff the Jr. High game, so the kids are left to look for a bit on their own. I decided go down to the Jr. High to watch the football game. After a while, Levi comes riding up on his bike to say that... He "thinks" he found the pig.... Under Quinn's truck. But he is not sure cause it might be a skunk!.... (same color AND we HAVE had one around here). So my friends husband comes up and sure enough there it is! He catches it and sticks it in the dog kennel until Quinn can get home. So YAY! We have Pork Chop the pig back and all is good. Oh and Belle (the dog) does NOT like it. She has just been going NUTS. :)

5 comments:

Missy said...

Your first two lines are awesome! LOL So, now I know why you had kids hanging around the kennel today! Looks like fun! (sarcasm) :o)

Annie said...

This will all be worth it as soon as you taste your first peice of bacon from this little houdini. (Sorry, can't spell, hope you know what I was trying to say)

Mela said...

that is funny!!! Well Pork Chop looks yummy (that is a good name by the way). My friend and her husband bought a pig a while back and brought us over some ham. It was really good!

Brooke said...

I'm just getting caught up on your blog....so funny about the pig! I'm glad he was found, love his name!

Larry and Megan said...

Thank you so much, I totally forgot to come and get it from you. My mom comes to snowflake every Thursday, so you can get it to her and she will give it to me. I just got your message on my blog, my mom will probably call you tomorrow to see if she can get it. Larry has been out of town this whole week, so life is crazy here at my house. Thanks again, I owe you! My number is 536-2340 lmchlarson@yahoo.com if you need to get a hold of me.