Last Monday on the 19th of October my sweet Uncle Lavar passed away. He is my Mom's oldest brother and was very special to me. We shared a birthday along with my Uncle Bryce. I remember a few birthday parties we had together as a kid. He would have been 87 this November.
I was able to fly out to Oregon for the funeral. Unfortunately I went without Quinn and the kids. However, I was lucky enough to meet my parents and sister there. It was so beautiful in Oregon... I can't believe the colors. It rained all day long on the day of the funeral. But all in all it was a good trip despite the circumstances. I was able to see family I hadn't seen in YEARS!
We also had the opportunity to go see the Multnomah Falls. WOW! So pretty and green. Then we drove into Troutdale and ate lunch at the General Store. It was a cool store with everything from toys and crafts to food.
It was a long and busy weekend. I am very grateful to my wonderful husband for allowing me to go.
Here are some pictures I took while there....
The hotel made cookies every night for the guests. We were not going to be there the first night when they were to be put out so they promised us some when we got in. Here we are enjoying them......
These are some of the beautiful trees in the parking lot at the church...........
My cousins girls (so cute)............
The luncheon...............
My sister Sylvia, Me, my Mom & Dad........
Headed up the trail........
These were in the parking lot at the falls....
On our way to Troutdale we stopped to take pictures of the Columbian River........










4 comments:
I so wish I could have been there. What a nice time you had. It looks absolutely beautiful there.
Sounds like you made something good out of a sad time. Glad you are home safe and sound. We missed you.
Love the pictures of Oregon. It is amazing how green things can be. I love the picture of you, Syl and your mom
I'm sorry about the loss of your uncle.
Post a Comment