Sunday at church, Mimi had a filling fall out of her lower bottom tooth. She came to me holding the filling with blood all over her mouth! So first thing this morning, I called the dentist office to see about getting her in. They told me to bring her in right then. I get her down there and she is back there for about 45 minutes. When she comes out the opposite side is swollen!! I am thinking..... What the heck?!! So upon more investigation, I see that the bottom tooth is still NOT filled!!!! I take her up to the front desk, asking what in the HECK did they do?!! Well apparently they worked on some upper teeth on the other side of her mouth!! All the while saying..... "Oh my gosh! I am so sorry!".... "The "new" assistant marked the wrong teeth to be worked on." I am thinking.... Couldn't they see the BIG gaping HOLE on the bottom?!! ANYWAY... I have an appointment to take her back in the morning AGAIN to get the RIGHT tooth done! This is what she looks like almost 8 hours later.........

Still has a crooked smile and still a little swollen! Needless to say I am NOT a happy camper!
10 comments:
Oh I would be SOOOOO mad. What retard can't tell what tooth it is? The dentist should have confirmed what tooth is was and should have talked to you first. That stinks, poor thing!!!
Why was it swollen? Did they give her a hematoma with the injection? Normally a filling won't make you swell like that.
Lauren told me about this as soon as she got home from school. I'm just sick about it! What the heck-we all could tell what was wrong at church with just a tiny glimpse. Oh, I just hurt for her!
Holy Cow! I'm speechless!!
PS I really like the new pics you put up.
How big of you to not put the idiots name that did this! Even if you didn't tell him...it sounds like it was obvious the tooth was broke....But on the bright side I guess she got a tooth fixed that needed to be? Please tell me that is the case and he didn't fix a normal tooth!
Ha! Yes, it was TWO or THREE teeth at the top that was needing some work done, but as Quinn said.... Who's to say that we were going to bring her into them to have it done? I also didn't mention that this is NOT the first time they have screwed up! They once filled a LOOSE tooth on Mimi as well!! I was TICKED off about that one too. THEN a few years back they maxed our insurance and didn't tell us. SO we had a $1500 bill! This will be our last visit to them. Quinn is insisting that we WILL not be charged for yesterday. Now I have to go in this morning and fight them. Not a fun way to start the day!
Aww man, that sucks. Look at your informed consent form that you signed and see if it says what treatment was supposed to be done. I would be mad, there is no way I would pay fot that, or maybe a very reduced rate. I so wouldn't go back! Did they ever tell you why it was swollen? Did she get a hematoma?
No... I didn't ask about the swelling. I am assuming it is from a hematoma. I didn't sign a consent form.... Never do. BUT I fought them the next morning about having to pay them. I ended up winning. :)
Way to go! Ya we are giving injections in school right now and we have to practice on each other. I LOVE giving them but not so much on the receiving end! I got 5 shots yesterday! A girl in my class got a hematoma yeasterdy, her face was swollen all huge and had a huge bruise inside her mouth. She was a good sport about it. Well I am glas you didn't have to pay for the work!
Post a Comment