Saturday, July 5, 2008

MMMMILK!


We have been buying fresh milk for several months now and LOVE it! It's a little cheaper than buying it from the grocery store here in town. We are paying $2.50 a gallon. We store it in large glass pickle jars. (Which brings back memories from when I was little and we sold milk). When we are out of milk we just take 2 jars and swap them out for two more. ~~(Maybe sometime my jar with a pink lid will resurface?? :) There are even times when we get it almost immediately after Cookie (the Cow) has been milked. The kids love it as well. Sometimes we get lucky and get some fresh Cheese Curd when we go. That is always a nice treat. :)

3 comments:

Jaime said...

So where are you getting this milk from?? We need some!

Monica said...

I didn't know you had a blog!!!

WooHoo!... One more way to keep in touch! Now we just need to convince Heather to do one.

Mela said...

that is so cool! I wonder if they sale fresh milk in my town, I do live in a farming area! That does bring back memories.