Sunday, July 20, 2008

Camping

We had a much needed and fun little get away. Thursday morning we loaded up the trailer and quad and took off with the Anderson's to go camping. First we stopped at good ol' Western Drug and bought a canopy (shade).......... YAY! I have only been wanting one for about 6 or 7 years! Next we went to Safeway to load up on grub. Then it was off to Pat's Knoll in the mountains. Wow was it beautiful! We had a good time. We ate and relaxed with friends. What more could you ask for? We even made some tripple chocolate cherry cobler. YUM! We learned a new game called Mexican Train Domino's. It is a really fun game. (Now I have to buy it). Friday the men and some of the kids went fishing. They came home with a lot of fish. Quinn Filleted them and I fried them up for dinner today. It was so good. Saturday we took the Quad and Ranger down an ATV trail and headed off to another camping spot to visit with some other St. Johns folks. The trail was so beautiful~~ I wish I would've taken pictures. I guess I will just have to make Quinn take me back to take some. :) Anyway, we had to wait out the rain on Saturday and then quickly load up camp to come home. Here are a few pictures from our little get away..........

Levi & Jame's on the Ranger.


Levi loading the Quad.



Cute little Sariah Anderson.




Levi lookin like he inhaled too much campfire smoke!
Notice the dirt mustash!




Kids "trying" to start a fire!



Haylee, Brycie & Mimi after the ATV Trail Ride.


6 comments:

Honey Girl said...

Hey Michelle. How's your summer going? Looks like the camping was fun. Spence will never take us since he works outside all day...what a bum! (Of course I can't blame him completely...camping involves a lot of packing and a lot of watching Chase every second) Cute pic of Lauren and Mimi...makes me want a girl :)!!

Michelle Ashton said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Michelle Ashton said...

Summer is going WAY too fast! I have to be back to work in about 2 weeks! Aaahh! Not fun. We are taking one more quick road trip to Salt Lake and WY next weekend. I hope we all survive the 3 kids in the back seat for that many hours. :)

Josh and Annie were saying that Spence doesn't like to camp. The BUM! J/k. :)

Mela said...

that looks a lot of fun! did you get a ranger? that looks cool!

Michelle Ashton said...

Nope. That's the Anderson's.

Keirsten said...

Hey that looks like fun! I love camping. THe kids love it too. Oh, and the cake I made for Graham was actually pretty easy. Congrats on the calling. You and Marc should have so much fun together.