The last couple of years that we have had a garden, we have had to roast our
chili's on the grill and it takes FOREVER!!! We have been looking into buying a chili roaster but they are so dang
expensive that it just hasn't happened. Well wouldn't you know..... Quinn spent the last two days building this AWESOME chili roaster himself! I am so proud of him... He can do anything!
~*~
Levi giving it a try......

~*~
Yep.... Redneck and all with the trailer in the background........

~*~
Brycie helping to adjust the flame............

~*~
Now we have a good flame............

~*~
Looking good..............

~*~
Oh yeahhh..... All done.......
~*~
Now I am thinking about all the yummy stuff I can make with them........
4 comments:
How cool is that!?!
This brings back sooo many memories of ST. David for me! Chris's family has a chili farm (and used to even supply them for Matta's restaurant), but every Labor Day and about 4 Saturdays after that, they sell their roasted chilies on the highway with their big ole' roaster that looks just like that! In fact, our 1st "date" he took me home to St. David over Labor Day to do just that and we've been together ever since :) I do love the torch blower . . . it's always my favorite part! The past 6 years in Hershey, we've had to roast them on the grill, and you're right, it's just way to slow, and not nearly as much fun!
I can smell them now . . . mmmm!
It's so sad to live in an apartment without a garden for 2 summers :(
You can bring anything you make over for me to try;)
That is awesome! Now we need to get together and can some green chilies.
Post a Comment