On our way there, we took a longer than normal route and headed towards Flagstaff. We turned at Winslow and headed to Leupp. From there we turned to go see Grand Falls. Which is suppose to be the largest waterfall in AZ. We drove and drove down a washboard dirt road to find NO water running through it! We did find a few puddles and a dead horse at the bottom of the canyon though.
~*~
Even without the water it was a pretty place to see.........
Even without the water it was a pretty place to see.........
~*~
This is all the water we saw......
~*~
Kids and I at Grand Falls...........
~*~
~*~

~*~
~*~
~*~
~*~
~*~
~*~
~*~

Kids and I at Grand Falls...........
~*~
~*~
This poor horse was probably washed down the river..........
~*~
Instead of turning around, we took off down 60 miles of dirt road and came out in Cameron AZ.
Our next stop was at the bridge near Lee's Ferry. That was pretty neat. The kids wanted to spit on the people canoeing down the river. Don't worry... they didn't.
~*~
Quinn and kids on the bridge at Lee's Ferry.....
~*~
Kids and I (Lee's Ferry)........
~*~
Condor #73 .........
After that we were on to Salt Lake. We had booked the 2 nights at Little America, but had booked the 2 nights on separate days. So we had to move rooms after the first night. The first night we were in a tower room and the second night was in a garden room. The only difference in my opinion was the size of the bathrooms and the second night there was not couch in the room.
There was a pool and Jacuzzi on the second floor. The kids liked this one better than the outdoor one.
~*~
Kids in the Jacuzzi (sorry it's so fuzzy. I took it with my cell phone)........
While we were there we rode the UTA which is Utah's light rail system. The UTA had a free zone, which happened to be the places we wanted to go. So that made it nice. We went to Temple Square and to Gateway Mall.
~*~
Kids on the UTA.....
~*~
On our way to eat breakfast, the kids found this cool car parked out front of the lobby.........
~*~
Outside Temple Square.........
~*~
While at Temple Square, we went to the Family History Center and found Elder Bradshaw who is from St. Johns.........
~*~
After Temple Square, we headed to Gateway Mall. Brycie saw this hat a Claire's.........
Next we had to find some fine cheese and meat. We found it at Tony Caputo's Market. We love fine cheese, but it is so expensive that we only buy it on vacation.
~*~
~*~
After two days in Salt Lake, we drove over to Evanston, WY for some visiting with Grammie and other relatives. We had a nice reunion at Bear River with lots of great food. The kids played in the river, caught crawdads and even enjoyed the annual scavenger hunt, where they received $5 from Uncle Mike.
~*~
Grilling up some chicken and pork chops...........
~*~
Brycie showing everyone the crawdad...........
~*~
Mimi, Brycie and their cousin Sophia eating lunch.........
~*~
Checking out the river............
~*~
Levi is ready for the long ride home.........









4 comments:
Looks like a fun little summer vacation! I just have to say that I wish I was a thin as you!! I have serious ENVY right now :)
Sounds like a fun weekend! I'm glad you were able to get away for a while.
Looks like you guys ended up having a good trip!
It was good seeing you while I was there!
What a fun road trip. They are fun, cause you can end up in the funniest places! So glad you had a great time.
Post a Comment