Sunday, September 13, 2009

Harvest Time~

Our garden has given us much work. Over the last few weeks, we have blanched our hearts out. We did corn, carrots, tomatoes, salsa, sloppy joes, spaghetti sauce, peach jam & green chili. I just forgot to take pictures of the corn.







When my mom came up, she brought her steamer and sauce master. So she and I went to work and bottled up some tomato juice and tomato sauce. I have never seen fresh tomato juice, so I was surprised to see it sort of clear like.




The Steamer.........

Tomato Juice...........

The Sauce Master..........


Tomato Sauce......

Bottling tomatoes and green chili......

Green Chili.........
Tomatoes & Green chili


This weekend I blanched the tomatoes then made the spaghetti sauce, sloppy joe sauce and salsa. Then I canned it all. It took about 10 to 11 hours! But it all turned out well.

Salsa..........



Spaghetti Sauce............

Sloppy Joes..........


Here is all the jars. Notice the jar of salsa that isn't filled to the top.... Quinn got a hold of the salsa before it was processed!...........


About a month ago, we bought a BIG box of peaches and made peach jam. I did not get any pictures of that process, but it turned out yummy!





It has been a lot of hard work, but I can't wait to use it. :)

5 comments:

Marcie Ashton said...

That is really, really impressive. I'm afraid I just don't have your work ethic. I'd wear out about the time that the tomatoes finished boiling!

Chris and Suzette said...

You are the WOMAN!!!

Johnson Family said...

Looks Yummy!!
Thats what I've been up to this last week too, man it does take alot of time but I'm excitied to have it all in my storage room and use it also.
We've only done corn, bell peppers, peach jelly, plum jelly and peaches so far....
I've got a lot more work ahead of me out of our garden but all worth it right:)

I've got a bunch of chili's out of my garden to do and hot cayenne peppers. Any suggestin on those??

Yours all looks so yummy, and you are the best cook, and we all know you are one of the best cooks!

Mama Apes... said...

You make it all looks so easy...I so need to start my canning! Way to go and the veggies from your garden looked awesome!!

Nicole said...

I am super impressed Michelle. What a fun process for the whole family :)