Levi turns 11 today.....It's hard to believe that it has been 11 years since we had Levi. What a scary time that was for us. Here we were first time parents and our baby was born 2 months early at 32 weeks along. He weighed just 3.3 pounds (losing down to 3 pounds) and was 14 3/4 inches long. He was such a fighter and made it home 1 month after his birth. But what a LONG month that was. I went to the hospital twice a day for an entire month. The morning we were able to pick him up, we were at the hospital I believe by 5 am. The nurses were on a shift change (and I am sure a bit annoyed with us), so we had to wait for what seemed like FOREVER! But when we got him home, we couldn't have been happier. He was 4 pounds by then and came home on an apnea monitor. That was pretty scary, but 2 months later we were able to get rid of it. He has been a joy to our lives and we couldn't imagine life without him. Here are a few pictures of him over the years (Not in order, but you can click on the picture to bring it up larger)....
I will never forget that day either. I remember calling mom crying telling her to get down here. I remember the nurse letting me touch him before they flew him to the other hospital (can't remember the name) and I remember driving with Quinn over to the hospital (only after mom got to the hospital to be with you) and spending all night there with Levi and Quinn. It makes me cry thinking about .
Cute pics!!! I did get my hair done more like the brunette, just a little shorter and no bangs. I haven't posted a pic cuz I'm too embarrassed - I need to lose way too much baby fat before any pics of me will be appearing on our blog. :) Yes, pride, vanity whatever you want to call it - I just call it fat and Ewww nobody wants to see me that way. So in about 30 lbs I'll post a pic. :)
5 comments:
I never knew Levi has such a precarious beginning! He's a real nice kid and I'm glad he and Jacob are friends! Happy Birthday, Levi!
What a nice post! 11 years old huh. Wow that must mean I am way old too! He is adorable!
I will never forget that day either. I remember calling mom crying telling her to get down here. I remember the nurse letting me touch him before they flew him to the other hospital (can't remember the name) and I remember driving with Quinn over to the hospital (only after mom got to the hospital to be with you) and spending all night there with Levi and Quinn. It makes me cry thinking about .
Cute pics!!! I did get my hair done more like the brunette, just a little shorter and no bangs. I haven't posted a pic cuz I'm too embarrassed - I need to lose way too much baby fat before any pics of me will be appearing on our blog. :) Yes, pride, vanity whatever you want to call it - I just call it fat and Ewww nobody wants to see me that way. So in about 30 lbs I'll post a pic. :)
Happy Birthday Levi.. You are getting so big. Stay small for your mom would ya:)
Post a Comment