Sunday, August 24, 2008

Apple Dumplings

Ok I am not a fan of cooked apple things. No apple pie or stuff like that. BUT I am a sucker for those yummy carmel apple empenadas from Taco Bell AND these wonderful Apple Dumplings that my mom gave me the recipe for. I made them last night for a party/pot luck. I learned one thing.... NEVER cook the Apple Dumplings in an adjustable pan!! All the yummy sauces leak out and make a HUGE mess in your oven. The dumplings were NOT quite the same. So I am SOOO sorry to those of you who did not get to try the true quality of these wonderful things. ANYWAY.... I made them again today..(in a different pan) for a family dinner. They were a big hit and I was asked to post the recipe on here. So here you go. They are fabulous! Enjoy.........

Apple Dumplings .....

2 Granny Smith apples

2 cans crescent rolls

2 sticks butter

1 1/2 cups sugar

1 teaspoons vanilla

Cinnamon

8 ounces Mountain Dew

Peel and core apples. Cut apples into 8 slices each. Roll each apple slice in a crescent roll. Place in a 9 x 13 buttered pan. Melt butter, then add sugar and barely stir. Add vanilla, stir, and pour over apples. Pour Mountain Dew around the edges of the pan. Sprinkle with cinnamon and bake @ 350º for 40 minutes. Serve with ice cream, and spoon some of the sweet sauces from the pan over the top. I also poured Mountain Dew down the center and all around the edge of the pan.

7 comments:

Honey Girl said...

You're a girl of your word...and quick too. I like that. So I'm guessing you saved a pan of dumplings at home (the pic).....smart. Thanks for the recipe. Kel

Margo said...

That is my FAVORITE recipe. I gave it to my mom and I think she gave it to your mom. Is that where you got it from? Anyway, I am jealous you made those today, now I am craving them!!!

Keirsten said...

Sounds super easy! That makes it all the better. I was noticing ur kids first day of school pics, and was wondering if you could emial me the one of Graham. If you don't have my emial I'll send it to ya. Thanks again for being the prepared parent with a camera!

Rachel said...

I was starting to wonder if you were going to drop off the blogging world. I figured work must be consuming your time. Glad to see you post! And glad to see you post a yummy recipe. I hear you are quite the cook! I like you are not a fan of cooked apple but I am gonna try and see how these are! Thanks for the recipe!

Missy said...

Looks yummy! Whoever ate them sure was lucky.

Mela said...

Those are soooo good! And yes, i think Aunt Valerie gave the recipe to mom.

Annie said...

Mountain Dew.....who would of thought! So yummy though!