~*~
No this isn't my food storage. I stole it off the internet because I am too lazy to go downstairs and take a picture of our food storage.
~*~
Quinn was recently put over the food storage committee for our ward or stake. He came home on Sunday and asked me if we could live off of our food storage and what we had on hand, without going to the grocery store for 2 weeks. I immediately said yes, but that they would have to drink the powdered milk. I also told him that it meant no cheese either. Because cheese you know is a luxury. But dang what a great luxury that is. I LOVE cheese.
~*~
Later, we were looking online at food rotation systems and I did find some different kinds of shredded cheeses that had been freeze dried and canned. Hmmmm.... I may have to get some to add to our food storage. Here is where I found it.......... http://www.shelfreliance.com/all-products/thrive-foods/dairy.html
~*~
For a while, I had been doing really good at getting things to add to our supply. I was adding stuff like toilet paper, toothpaste, deoderant, spices, etc... But I quit buying stuff when summer was here and I wasn't working. We canned a lot of things over the summer, but I also used A LOT of things so I wouldn't have to buy them while money was tight with me having no income. So now that I am working, I need to start adding back to it.
~*~
While we were talking about trying to live on our food storage for two weeks, Mimi got a bit worried. Her birthday is next week and I had already promised her French Dip for dinner. We don't have sliced roast beef in the year supply you know. So this was not something she was happy about. I told her we could wait until AFTER her birthday to try it. I am kinda looking forward to it. I will let you know when we do it.









1 comment:
I was doing so well about a year ago-but have really slacked off. Syd and I were talking that we've got to get our pantry re-stocked again.
Post a Comment