Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Surgery Day~

Mimi was scheduled to have her tonsils and adenoids removed today. For some CRAZY reason she has been excieted for weeks! We had to wake up early this morning and be there by 7am. Here is some pictures of the day.....


In the waiting room just after getting there.....



All snuggled up with her blanket waiting to be rolled back............


Oh man!... Not all cracked up to what she thought. Too bad you can't hear pictures because she was SCREAMING in this one. She wanted me to lay down with her and she kept sitting up and screaming! With all the crying and screaming she kept yelling......... "Mommy...Mommy...Mommy" Also.... "Water.... I want water!"...... and true to the Ashton nature.... "I want to go home!!!!". I got her to quit screaming by telling her that they wouldn't let her go home if she screamed and that she had to calm down!



A little better in this picture.....................



The medicine in the I.V has kicked in and she is knocked out. Brycie was watching a movie....


Wow!.... That nap did wonders.... She is awake and picking out a band aide........ Spongebob was the choice of the day.............


Eating her popcicle as promised by her nurse..........


Ready to go home.... Yippy!.... (They gave her a sippy cup to drink out of)
She wanted to hit Wendy's or Mc Donalds on the way home and I told her no way! Once we got home I picked up jello, pudding, soup & yogurt. She is doing pretty good. She has her up's and down's. But she is all Ashton and has been bored silly! We went for a couple of drives to get her out of the house. Thanks to all those who have called, text & brought by treats and gifts to her.......... She just loves all the attention!


4 comments:

Marcie Ashton said...

I'll have to show Lauren these pictures-she wants to get her tonsils taken out. I bet she would have a change of heart...

I'm glad everything went OK. Hope Mimi feels better soon.

Mela said...

I am glad she is doing better. That is such a good idea to bring her own blanket with her.

Missy said...

I"m glad she made it through. That's so sweet that you got in the bed with her. I love that! :o)

Krystin said...

darn it! she still looked as cute as ever on sunday. hope she gets feeling back to normal soon.
our blog is private so if you send me an e-mail i will add you.
it's been so fun working with you in the primary, i've really enjoyed it.
krystin
krysmas71@hotmail.com